PHILLY 20 WATT
Throughout my experience as both a repair tech and musician, I fell in love with the American amps of the 1960’s. These amps have a full-bodied and almost “hi-fi” sound with natural-sounding cleans. Their only downside is that the larger amps are too loud to get any “dirt” or expression, and the smaller models are just not enough to compete in most gigs and rehearsal situations. I wanted to create an amp that could retain these American clean sounds, allow for smoother overdrive and compression, and offer a degree of distortion or "dirt" at any volume so you could ditch your overdrive pedal.
With these attributes in mind, I began designing what has become the PHILLY 20 Watt amplifier. This simple, yet versatile amplifier features:
· Two 6V6 power tubes in a cathode bias configuration resulting in about 20 watts of power and the perfect amount of “give”, compression, and overdrive
· Footswitchable all-tube spring reverb
· Simple, but effectively-voiced treble and bass controls
· A FootswitchableHARMONICS boost stage which allows for distortion at lower volumes and even more overdrive at higher volumes
· Mercury Magnetics transformers (made in the USA)
· F&T and Sprague electrolytic capacitors
· A finger-jointed mahogany or poplar cabinet (made in Philadelphia, PA)
· High-quality resistors and capacitors that are rated to withstand the test of time
The PHILLY 20 watt is available as a head or 1x12 combo (ceramic or alnico) in your choice of a mahogany or poplar cabinet.
Head = $2,350
-Ceramic - Weber 12F150B = $2,500
-Alnico - Weber 12A150B = $2,600
HOW TO ORDER? Send me an email (info@RootbeerAudio.com) or use the contact form. A 50% deposit (paypal) is required to start the build. Once the amp is done, the other 50% (plus shipping) is due.
SLIP COVERS can be found HERE